Thursday, October 06, 2005

Here Is My Yard






First, understand that I show these photos to give you an idea of what the aftermath of a Cat 4 Hurricane looks like several miles inland. Second, I have a home which is habitable; most lost their homes. We are fortunate and know it. These are views of my backyard, the shed is held together with dirt dauber spit and cobwebs. How the shed remains standing is a mystery of the universe. The debris piles are tiny when compared to what they were at first.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those trees :(

oh St C I'm sorry for your loss. Yes you have a home, but you have all been through SO much :(

prayers and love

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how exactly I came upon your blog, but I have been reading it for awhile now. As someone living in the midwest, it is hard to imagine what you and all the people there are going through. Thank you for sharing. I pray for better times to come for you and those around you.

aola said...

so, will someone cut up all those lovely trees and at least put them to some good use or will they just be piled up and burned?

St. Casserole said...

A, I think about wasting the wood, too. The debris is picked up and put into a landfill. If the building materials could be sorted, the trees made into something and the recyclables used, it would be great. This is too expensive to do with the cubic feet of debris involved. I wish I could have a chair made from my trees but that's just a wish.

Anonymous said...

St C,

It must be hard seeing all those lovely trees down. There are so many of them.

There are some craftsmen in Mississippi that are taking the felled trees and making new memories of them.

Clarion Ledger

reverendmother said...

St. Cass, last night I had a dream that I met you. You were like the big sister I never had. So sweet and cool. So thanks for the subconscious sisterhood :-)

hugs to you. I too lament the trees.