Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not Really A Sizzling Topic Here

Dear World,

What's with Episcopalian and Anglican white guy eyebrows?
Giant wild eyebrows distract.
Do the men think the untended eyebrows show status?
I see the eyebrows first, then hear the words through the eyebrows.
Rather than looking cool or more-concerned-about-holiness-than-grooming, wild eyebrows look affected.
I'm not posting pics of the offenders. You may search for the new head of a new group of Episcopalians (are they "real" episcopals if they ignore the Bishop?) and at our Anglican leader across the Sea.

St.Casserole

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wild eyebrows may entertain, but they do not convey authority. I agree wholeheartedly.

Jane Ellen+ said...

I suddenly have this mental picture of the men in question trying to have a conversation-- and having their eyebrows get tangled up between them.

I will note with gratitude that our current Presiding Bishop has no apparent need to follow the Eyebrow Leadership Model.

Lori said...

re: wild eyebrows in men of the cloth

I believe this is a pissing contest with Moses.

Mary Beth said...

LAUGHING

OUT

LOUD

My parents are at that ACNA thing and they both have somewhat wild white eyebrows. Go figure!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Would that the worst of the battles was about eyebrows. Wild eyebrows in our denomination may correlate with Scottish brogues in Presby circles - seems to add more gravitas and coolness to those who think the symbol is actually the thing...

Erin said...

Hahahahahahahaha.

(That's all I have to say.)

Oh, and also- I miss you!

(Okay, guess I had some more in me.)