Monday, September 07, 2009

Labor Day It's Time!

Happy Labor Day!

May all of us have work to do, do it well, and find meaning in our work.


It's time to put up your Summer whites. Put away your white sandals, white purses,
white belts and all white accessories.

Put away your white linen slipcovers, sisal rugs used indoors for Summer and clean your ceiling fans.

Here in the Deep Hot South, Fall begins with Labor Day even if the expected high today is 88.

We do Fall fashion by switching from white linen clothing to dark colored linen clothing.

No more wearing of seersucker suits and white bucks, as of today.

Roll out the wool carpets, put up the Summer rugs and try to decide how you can wear a ladies suit, in a dark color, to a football game without melting in the stands.

No more Cajun Shrimp OPI nailpolish (or other Summer colors) at the Pedicure Parlor until Spring 2010.

Tough rules.

"Winter Whites" aren't believable until January and remain suspicious even then.


Must go fold up the linen slipcovers. Later, Tater,

St.Casserole

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The trouble with the fall colors is that they mostly look like something from a vampire movie. I chose Barefoot in Barcelona.

Lori said...

You are a Steel Magnolia to be revered!!! Though there are those who believe these rules do not apply north of the Mason-Dixon line and west of the Mississippi. Otherwise known as the uncivilized part of America.

Sue said...

It's Labour Day here as well, and all the same rules apply. Well, we didn't have many days for wearing sandals this year anyway, but still - into the closet they go.

We did have fireworks last night though - just two streets away from us and they were fabulous.

Fall nail colour for me is OPI "Silent Mauvie".

zorra said...

The white shoes are in the closet. Now to dump everything from the white purse into the black purse.

You know the climate here. Please let me keep my year-round white pants. I wear them with grey suede pumps after Labor Day and I think they look very nice.

This week's color is No Spain No Gain, but I've decided it's a tad dark for me.

KnittinPreacher said...

OPI Brisbane Bronze here!

Jennifer said...

My color is OPI's Can you Tapas This. Thanks for the fall reminders...

Jules said...

As always, "I'm Not Really A Waitress".

1-4 Grace said...

I need to find some "fall" stuff that still wears well in the heat. Not as hot as you have, but still pretty swealtry here.
I am still wearing sandals to church, but with a fall colored skirt and top!

1-4 Grace said...

Oh, and since I had part of my toe nail removed, I have not gotten a fall color yet. Must go looking soon