Thursday, November 13, 2008


I'm reading the newest Phil Rickman novel with clergywoman sleuth/deliverance minister, Merrily Watkins To Dream of the Dead.

I love this series.

Thanks, Phil, for getting this book out before Christmas! Thanks for introducing me to singer Nick Drake, too!

Last year Amazon kept telling me the book was available only to delay it.

I wonder if UK readers appreciate Merrily Watkins? I was surprised that three bookstores in Ireland hadn't heard of Rickman. Why were these bookstores even bothering to be in business.

Yours,

St.Casserole

P.S. I am behind listing my books read. Let me add this to my to-do list.

5 comments:

1-4 Grace said...

Hope these dont cause nightmares

Karen Sapio said...

I'm on page 209. Was practically pushing my poor daughter out of my face this morning so I could keep reading. Regretting that there are probably no buried Celtic standing stones to be unearthed here in the Los Angeles basin . . .

Kathryn said...

Oh we do love them, we do, we do...specially as they are set just up the road in Herefordshire...but I agree that they aren't as widely known as they should be. There is, however, a wonderful bookshop in Hereford itself which sells slightly second-hand books, and will buy them back too if you can bear to part with them, and which usually carries most of them. I'll have to wait till tne new one appears in paperback here, though - times is hard!

Anonymous said...

adding to the reading for fun list now - the pic below made me snort my bedtime milk!!

see-through faith said...

UK reader - reading in Finland - never heard of Merrily Watkins - but on your recommendation (gulp) I ordered Wine of Angels the first in the series. don't worry if I dont like it it was only £2.76 including postage (amazon secondhand!)

PS I threw my to do list away. it was too depressing. Keep me /our family in your prayers -it's been a very traumatic few days here ...