Here's what I want Presbytery to be:
- fair to everyone. no favorites. no golden boys. interested in all preachers
- for the executive presbyter to drop the "executive" part and fulfill all the obligations in the Book of Order, to be a pastor to pastors, to know each pastor's abilities and interests and to use these to further mission
- a place of encouragement for collegial relationships fostering friendships rather than competition
- to be a place where worship is valued. for every meeting to include worship not just the obligatory opening prayer
- where churches work together to help one another
- where there is a spirit of openness, transparency rather than having all major decisions made before the meeting
- a better place for laypeople to develop skills for ministry both administrative and pastoral
- a clearing house of information about available resources
- a group people love not dread.
Am I willing to work for these things? I'm not sure this week. Politics and meanness are killing my presbytery.
St. Casserole, someone who wants Presbytery to be more