Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I heard another story about hurricane recover today. A business was blown away by the storm. Qualifying for SBA low interest loans, they applied for help to rebuild their building, replace equiptment, etc. on September 30, 2005. Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast on August 29, 2005.

Yesterday, January 9, they received word that their loan had been approved.


Let that sink in a sec.


I said, "Why has it taken so long?" One wonders how most business can keep on all these months without any of the help the SBA intends to offer. I guess many business people have given up and lost their businesses. I was told that more than 15 different SBA loan people worked on their case. Everytime the business made an inch of progress toward satisfying the loan people, their person would leave the SBA and another person would take over the file.


Tell me again how we are all back to normal down here. Tell me again how the world has moved on and that we are all doing fine.

St. Casserole

6 comments:

Unknown said...

(((St. C)))

sherry said...

You know I hear you. This kind of crap is sinful. And yes, I really mean sinful.

As an aside, and I know it is a typo, Katrina was on the 29th. The 19th is my son's birthday and he has commented many times how glad he is that the storm did NOT hit on his b-day.

hugs

Jules said...

((((St C))))

Sue said...

((St. C.)))

Barbara B. said...

adding my hugs...

St. Casserole said...

Sherry, it was a typo! Thanks for pointing this out.

Like your son, I'd detest sharing a birthday with Katrina!