Thursday, December 11, 2008

Teaching the PW Lesson

I'm teaching the PW lesson for December from the 2008 Jubilee study next week. Didn't realize that my high school classmate, Louise Lawson Johnson co-wrote the book.

Amazing to recall that Louise, Little S. and I graduated from high school together and entered Seminary. I think there was a third girl from our graduating class who went to Gordon-Conwell, but I didn't know her well and don't remember her family name. Wasn't it extraordinary that four girls from the Class of '70 and '71 (Little S.)ended up as pastors? Did anyone notice then?

Thirty years ago we were pioneers of a sort. Little S. graduated the following year after Louise and they ended up at the same university and seminary.

I saw Louise last at the 1989 G.A. in Philadelphia. We spoke for a few minutes then ran back to our work.

She's a smart, fun gal. Brave, too.

Reflecting,

St. Casserole

3 comments:

Magdalene6127 said...

You really do rock, very hard, St. C. I'm in awe.

Unknown said...

What a special group you were and are!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

yes because of women like you... i can be where i am! woo-hoo!!