Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm trapped in my study with the cats this morning. LD has a project showing a Rube Goldberg machine on the kitchen counter. Whistle and Fish express interest in everything and the project is fragile. Until I take LD and the project in the Big Car at 8 am., we are sequestered in this small room. Cats are everywhere.

The kittens 6 month birthday party was a great success with new furry mice and lots of balled up paper to chase. We did not limit the party to a specific time but told them "Happy 6th Month Birthday!!!" throughout yesterday. They seemed satisfied.














Happy March 1 to all of you. We survived my least favorite month of the year, February, and may now proceed to March. Remember that March is Wear More Jewelry month so load it on. Keep your pedicures current and buy a new pair of shoes. Oh rats! It's Lent. Forget all that and get your purple on.

Love,
St. Casserole

11 comments:

Jules said...

"Get your purple on" I love it! March seems to agree with you. I don't know much about kittens, but I sure was coveting those cool in/out baskets you have in your study. Good thing I didn't give up shopping for Lent.

Unknown said...

At least you had adorable company during your imprisonment. I hope the rest of the day feels freer!

Kathryn said...

Purple shoes, maybe? And amethysts??
Come what may, hope Lent brings spring for you and yours. So glad you are emerging from convalescence to be with your church again,-but take it gently, OK?
Hugs x

aola said...

I agreee with "get your purple on" I do think that you guys on the Gulf Coast have given up quiet enough.

Anonymous said...

Get your purple on :) women bishops! whatever next? Amethysts and jewlery maybe March is going to be better than I thought.

I hate November. March is good. Feb was ok here as we've had (still have) lots of snow

so come November you find a good theme for us all, you hear?

Jody Harrington said...

I'm totally down with Wear More Jewelry Month! So it's ok to wear ameythyst jewelry during Lent? Cool.

Anonymous said...

I think the kitties should start wearing liturgical season colored collars. they'd be the talk of the town

RevHRod said...

You made me laugh out loud! Thank you! Wear more jewelry. I think first I'm going to make more jewelry. First thing on the list, some purple earrings.

Jaye Ramsey Sutter said...

I am totally with you on the February comment: I always get depressed in February.

The trees are budding here and the live oaks are dropping their leaves. Soon their pollen will stop driving me crazy and turning my car yellow.

The kitties look pretty and I want to ask if your house is damaged?

Sue said...

Such precious kittens! I'm glad they had a good birthday celebration. I agree with polar bear re: the liturgical collars.

Pedicures, jewellery -- oh yeah!! I'm all about the purple nail polish...

Cathy said...

Don't hear many people talk about Rube Goldberg today!