Monday, February 21, 2005

Frankincense in February

I ordered Frankincense incense from the Society of Christ's Church Parish (www.christchurch.org) at the suggestion of AKMA's blog http://akma.disseminary.org/archives/2005/01/index.html. The staff was lovely and filled my order by sending 40z. of the frankincense incense, a brass personal incense burner from Greece and a CD of sung chants. I tried to light the incense in the burner this morning to try the mixture but my Protty poor-liturgical-background hampered my efforts. I don't know how to light incense.

I tried wooden matches and a gas long snout lighter without success. All I wanted to do was smell the stuff and see how to use it. The jar describes the mixture as " (a) distinctive blend based on the original formula, in continuous liturgical use by the Society for over a century."

I think I can "work" the CD. I do have some skills, you know....

1 comment:

Richard said...

Use charcoal discs (which you can light with a match):
http://www.fineincense.com/accessories/accessories.html