Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday RevGal Five Saying Goodbye

1. How do you say goodbye to someone you will see again soon?
If it's a gal pal or family member, I'll say, "love ya". If it's anyone else, as simple "goodbye" will do.
2. What is your favorite foreign word for "goodbye?" North Carolina venacular is "we gonna run" which translates into "Goodbye". I don't say this often as it is confusing to Mississppians and makes me sound as if I live with goobers.
3. Have you ever planned a special farewell for someone, or had one planned for you? When I leave a church and they give me a reception, I feel awkward. I know saying "goodbye" is important but by the time I leave, I've said all the personal goodbyes I need to say and having people fawn over me gets on my nerves. Wait a minute? Turn down a fawn? Oh yeah, feels too odd.
4. What is the hardest goodbye you have had to say? Saying good bye to my childhood home was very difficult. My mother's death ended that relationship as the home was cleared out and ready to be sold. Saying goodbye was a symbol of the end of my childhood (gosh! I was in my forties) and acknowledging that I had no "home" to return to. Of course, I had my home with my family but you know what I mean.
5. What is the most romantic goodbye you have seen in a movie? I can't recall. Maybe with another cup of coffee I'll remember which one touched me.

This is Songbird's meme. She's saying goodbye to Pure Luck who'll be working away for two months. I hope the time passes quickly for her. I don't do well without my sweet LH nearby.

St. Casserole

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. That felt just like a hug.

Anonymous said...

My sister and I used to say 'buh-bye' as in the Saturday night Live skit. We've stopped doing that. I'm not sure why.

jo(e) said...

Here, instead of saying "gotta run," teenagers say, "let's bounce."

I like the expression because it sort of captures their energy ....