Sunday, July 02, 2006

Good morning! I am preaching on the Mark lectionary passage later this morning. I'm compelled to talk about God's goodness in healing suffering. Compelled as in driven forward to remind those who've heard and teach those who don't know this passage of God's loving care of those who suffer. I expect a small congregation because of holiday travel but I anticipate visitors coming with family members. I will turn on the floor fan in the pulpit area to full blast to cope with the heat. I may wear bare-toed sandals but I wear vestments year-round. May God bless you with clear diction, clear ideas and a jolt of passion as you preach this morning, dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ. Love, St. Casserole

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm wearing sandals, too, and you will be proud to hear they are adorned by professionally painted toenails.

Patti said...

This is the time of year my Pastor wears capris and sandals. So we can see the cute little butterfly tatoo on the side of her leg.

St. Casserole said...

The service went well with attentive congregants, good music and a sermon which prompted an elder to say to me, "I look forward to hearing you every week." I felt like crying. I've served ungracious churches for many years and now, as I approach dotage, I get a group who love me. Go figure.

NotShyChiRev said...

1. I don't wear vestments in the summer...just my collared shirt and a cross...but then again, I'm rather, um, husky, and to keep me cool, the airconditioner would freeze everyone else out.

2. I preached on this text for the installation of ChaplainMom to one of her former pastoral calls. I modified that sermon for my "neglected women" series last year, so I couldn't preach it again so soon. I love that text.

Anonymous said...

jolt of passion - also for those who listento the words.

Thank you St C