Reverendmother asks these at the Mother House revgalblogpalsblog.blogspot.com
1. Tell us about any groups you currently belong to:
I'm not so groupy these days. I belong to a preacher covenant group meeting weekly. Other than that, I'm only grouped in church.
2. Do you feel energized or drained by being in a group situation.
I'm an extrovert so I energize around people. As the only Presbyie in the Preacher group, I get weary of their denominational chat but I'm mostly perky. If you talk to one of the gals in the group, I'm terrifying. Sorry she sees me this way.
3. Is there a role you naturally find yourself playing in group situations?
I'm comfortable leading or following these days.
4. Handsakes vs. hugs: discuss
Is there anyway we can stop hugging everytime we see each other? I don't want to shake hands either in a social situation. May I remind you that a man shakes hands with a woman only if she offers her hand first and that women do not shake hands with one another in greeting. And for gosh sakes' do not shake my hand while I'm trying to eat a meal.
5. Ice breakers: a playful way to build community in a lighthearted manner, or a complete and utter hell of forced fun and awkwardness?
Can't think of a good ice breaker this morning. When I use an icebreaker I attempt to design one that doesn't upset the introverts.
Thanks, RM, I think I need to go find more interest groups. With all the disaster relief meetings, church meetings and kid's stuff, I am weary. A fun group might be just the thing.
Is there a group for Junk Pickers Who Like Oreos and Diet Cokes somewhere? Might join...