Friday, May 25, 2007

It's been a quiet week at Festival of Homies.* Inner Dorothy, I-4Grace, Cheesehead and I had a late supper last night at a swinging restaurant.

We got back late to the Good Hotel. By this morning, everyone flew home except me.

Homies provides great worship and powerful preachers. You should go next year.
The preaching blew me away. Worship was a mixed bag because some of us are thrilled by laptops on the Communion Table and others are not. I wish you could hear 1600 preachers singing hymns or see Lilly Lewin as she read the St. Patrick's Breastplate prayer.

I think of Merrily Watkins in the Phil Rickman books when I hear St. Pat's prayer because Merrily says it as she prepares to enter a scary place.

I'll be home with my people tonight. I am homesick. I miss my people.

Thinking of you,

St. Casserole

*Not really quiet. I made that up.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh, it sounds wonderful...And Lily there too. Hope you're home safe now, my friend - and maybe, just maybe, I'll get there too next year.

Unknown said...

Laptops on the Communion table? Hmmm.

Mary Beth said...

LAPTOPS! On the Table?

Holy freaken smoke! (which, we call that incense...)

Sue said...

Yup, laptops. And a table lamp.

Huh.

St. C -- what a tremendous week it has been. I am tired, but it's a good kind of tired. It was just so great to meet you and Cheese and all the other RevGals and Pals. Really. I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Lori said...

Laptops on the Communion Table. I could see it only if a hammer came out next and smashed it to bits, followed by "this is my body, broken for you."

Glad you had a good trip. Green with envy you got to meet some of the Pals.

1-4 Grace said...

FISH! ANDY! WHISTLE!
My mommyis home, home, home. Yippee!
Is your mom home, too? Huh? Is she?
My mommy has loved on me and fed me and let me drink water from the natural springs, and she has let me sit in her lap and told me how wonderful I am!
I lvoe it when she comes home and feels guiltyy!
Love, Melech.
Hi StC.
Hope you are home by now. I am whipped and still got a sermon to do. I think I will meditate on it for this evening.
So, good to see you, finally! Have a good week.
Peace,
1-4

Rev SS said...

Okay ... curiosity killed a cat .. you really must share how that laptop was used! PLEASE. (I too wish I could have been there with all of you)

St. Casserole said...

For the "cool" worship service we saw:
on the Communion Table, in the Baptist church, three Mac Books, one lamp and other stuff.

Rather than making me feel that I was in sacred and unfamiliar space, I kept thinking about the IMacs. Is a Mac book the laptop of choice for Jesus?

Really.

will smama said...

Welcome home. We missed you too.