Friday, February 06, 2009

How to Have a Happy Life


Stop the tyranny of Cat Parties! Put the cats and dog outside of the bedroom. Make sure the lock catches when shutting the door. Sleep well without: cat fights, dog snoring, dog jewelry jangling and cats wandering up to see if you are sleeping. Move legs freely without dislodging cats who complain.

Ignore meows, woofs and notes slipped under the door by cats who "just want to talk".

Relish sleep.

St.Casserole, rested and ready for the day

8 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

My mom's cat has started getting up at 2:30am and wanting to play. She locked him out of her room. He then spends the next few hours throwing his body against her door.

Did I mention he is 18 lbs???

My mom has been a wee bit cranky.

Unknown said...

But Baby would KILL me if I shut her out! Seriously!

Jody Harrington said...

And good luck with that. Let us know how long it lasts.

zorra said...

And try to tell yourself that you don't miss the purrs and the dog sighs.

Lori said...

I've had to take to locking my cats up in "kitchen lock up.", a full two floors down from my bedroom.

They'd scratched through the paint and gouged the door just after a week of only being locked out of the room.

Now I can sleep.

Ahhhhhhhh.

Sue said...

Ya, good luck with that. Be sure to keep us posted. Our little Truffle would NOT be happy to be pitched from the room. Ouzo sleeps in his cat bed (which is really a dog bed, because cat beds are too small for him) in the hallway, but Truffle owns our bed. We're just glad she lets us sleep there with her.

Srsly.

1-4 Grace said...

Uh, who put you in charge?
Mugsy Andrew

Magdalene6127 said...

Not a cat person.

Lusting after: the bedroom.

Ooooohhhhh.