Sunday, February 22, 2009

On the Way to Little Church

Driving to Little Church under clear blue skies, I saw:

-6 shiny brown chickens enjoying their escape from the yard

-a dead: opossum, raccoon and snake

-one very unusual motorcycle

-a herd of goats

-several pastures full of cattle

-the old man in overalls walking along the road

-green fields, burned fields, empty fields

-two garage sale signs

-a flock of buzzards

I organized my sermon again. I listened to "Speaking of Faith" on Public Radio. I felt content.

St.Casserole

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel as if I had been in the car with you.

Questing Parson said...

Was the old man walking to church?

1-4 Grace said...

Ahhhhh...
my contented sigh from hearing about your journey. I am 2/10 a mile from church I now serve. There are benefits, like a late night run to pick up stuff I forgot or the beenfit of running ot let the workmen in and then coming home again.
But, then the biggest downfall, is no tiem to enjoy the ride, take in the scenery or meditate on the day.
Sigh..
word verf.= snosecl (snow sicle as oppossed it ice.) I guess you dont see many of them on your drive, huh?