Friday, April 14, 2006

O, Good Friday!

Greetings to you who preached several times this week, planned worship, stayed for longer choir practices and have not missed a moment of Holy Week.

Blessings to you, in fact, for you are living through one of the most arduous weeks for clergy.

So much to do, so little time. Don't forget anything. Make real the resurrection for your people!

I get overwhelmed when weary. I forget and can't recall that I can't remember. It's difficult.

Even as a little kid, I used memory devices to keep stuff stuck in my brainage. These techniques are "mnemonics". I use these all the time.

'a' before 'e' except after 'c'

thirty days hath September...

Spring Forward, Fall back

I wish I had a book with all the verses and clues to help us remember stuff. So, for this end of Holy Week when we are all bleary eyed (and joyous), add your memory device so I can remember what you know, too.

Thinking of you,

St. Casserole

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll just say I'm relieved to know it's not just me having trouble remembering everything. As I was gathering all the readers for last night's service, I felt I was forgetting things, and I certainly was. We made a couple of changes from the past few years' services, and I was confused myself, even though they were my changes!
Last night I went to bed with a sense of anticipation, a strange feeling since it's not Christmas or even Easter today, and my Good Friday service is a quiet little thing I made up mostly so *I* could observe it. But I am wired nevertheless.
Writing things down is my only hope, as long as I don't lose the piece of paper...

Anonymous said...

ay, and also with you!

(amended: if ever, just one time, I could get my comment through the blogger police on the first try, I would be a very happy girl.)

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Lists, lists, and more lists.

Dangit! I can't remember any of the mnemonics I use (except to remember I use them). what does that tell you?

Blessings back at you!