Wednesday, November 29, 2006



Jenny Gallo at Carrot Top Studio crafts beautiful stoles. Look at this one for Advent: textured fabrics, gorgeous shades of purple (and pink!) gold braid and sparkles!

Jenny's work is on eBay. Find her by searching "carrot top studios" in "sellers". She has a few listed right now.

She uses different fabrics and trims to make comfortable stoles. Her stoles aren't too heavy or stiff but sure aren't flimsy. Her details, like sparkle, are subtle.

Advent colors are great for redhead preachers. I learned this last year when a very popular RevGal knit a long purple/lavender stole for me.

Check out Jenny's work. She makes liturgical banners and deacon's stoles, too.

Revved up for Advent,

St. Casserole

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just checked out her studio. She does gorgeous work. Thanks for pointing her out.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Actual website address is www.CarrotTopStudio.com and eBay seller name is CarrotTopStudio (all one word). Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Technical support has revised the link, thanks!
I want to know if they come in a petite length!!

Anonymous said...

They don't seem to, but at least she gives you the actual length on each of them ranging from 49"=54. I think I can do a 49

Anonymous said...

I'm learning quite a bit here:
- where to buy beautiful purple/pink stoles.
- who has has red hair.
- who is petite or sort of petite.

RevGal Blogs are founts of info. I'm ordering my new stole today!

Anonymous said...

Not only that, she has a blog, and I invited her to join RGBP. I think she will fit right in.
http://www.carrottopstudio.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I forgot to add we should go to her blog and visit her and give her a prewelcome to RGBP.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite Cathy. The ring looks like a delightful group!

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you!!! I just realized this morning that I don't have a Christmas stole yet, and I'd been desperately searching the net for one I liked (OK, so it was also a great way to procrastinate on a sermon!). I just buzzed over to her site and bought a stole. It was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for!