Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Power of Friendship

I survived THE ANNIVERSARY. I fought off the media satellite trucks, the microphones, the Prez's visit and more.

Going to a community worship service with long-time friends helped. The preacher, an Episcopalian, preached a powerful and appropriate sermon. As Rev. Hound Dawg said, "I know I can count on the Episcopalians to get it right". He meant that we would'nt be forced to listen to an explanation of WHY the Hurricane destroyed our land, homes and people.

Sitting with my brothers and sisters, I felt nascent hope for our future along with joy that we shared faith through the year past.

After all the sorrows, I want to thank you, RevGalBlogPals.

You prayed for us, sent books, wrote emails, made phone calls and Songbird came to see us. Cheesehead offered to room with me for a week at the G.A. You wrote devotions for Advent and dedicated the book to me then gave the sale proceeds to disaster relief. Others of you came to tear out damaged sheet rock, move debris and hold our hands at work camps around the Coast. You are the power of friendship in my life.

Life goes on in a sweet way. Consider yourself hugged and smooched.

Love,

St. Casserole

I thank God for all of you. I feel your prayers on bad days. I enjoy your humor all the time and I know I can call on you if I need you.

9 comments:

Jules said...

Consider yourself loved.

Emily said...

Ditto!

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Well, gosh...gee whiz...thank you so much! We love you back in a major major way!

Questing Parson said...

You make that webring sound like "church."

Nice.

annie said...

So glad you made it through the anniversary (and well aware there are many more miles to travel)...

Unknown said...

So glad you made it, may the healing and recovery continue. So glad the worship service went well.

thanks for the love, you are loved too.

Marie said...

Glad you survived the anniversary. Much love from the Midwest.

Anonymous said...

St. Casserole, Please know how what you shared on here after the hurricane brought to so many of us the realness of what happened. A person that touched us and conveyed her feelings throughout.

You have touched so many of us who have read your blog.

Anonymous said...

keep calling on us -the day we stop being in need is the day we step into eternity. we need you too!

you are loved :)