Friday, March 02, 2007

Here I am.

Sorry to be blog-quiet.

Three times a year church gathering disappoints me. We decide to do whatever we wish because we don't feel that anyone can tell us what to do. We are the ones with Truth, not you. Forget the Body of Christ, forget history, our decisions now are the only ones that matter.

Makes me want to run away but I can't.

In other news, I am on sabbatical. So far, I tidying up loose ends. This morning I'm meeting with the kind young preacher who'll take over my duties while I'm gone. I'm getting my car serviced for the happy drive to see LLS and LSiL, too.

Here's a shout-out to Charles Keating, the wonderful voiced reader of P.D. James' THE MURDER ROOM on audio. The combination of James' writing with his voice sends me into fits of happiness. I pull of the road to write down bits of her prose. He is my favorite voice for audio books. She is my favorite murder mystery writer.

Yours,

St. Casserole

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I have read P.D. James - can't remember the name of it, but the murder had knitting needles as the weapon.

Cathy said...

Now I remember the name... Death in Holy Orders.