Friday Five: Hot Town, Summer in the City...
...or town, or suburb, or hamlet, or burg, or unincorporated zone, or rural area of your choice---pretty much anywhere but the southern hemisphere, it's summer. (Australians and others, consider this an invitation to take a break from winter for a while.)
1. Favorite summer food(s) and beverage(s)Fresh vegetables from the Farmer's Market, tomatoes, peppers, squash and zucchini from church members, watermelon,snowcones,ice tea (but this is year-round for us!
2. Song that "says" summer to you. (Need not be about summer explicitly.)
any South Carolina Beach Music (or shag music for those in the know)
3. A childhood summer memory going to the Beach with my grandparents, sand in my swimsuit, swimming lessons, searching for golf balls outside the C.C. fence to sell back to the pro, running around the neighborhood, going to the mountains with my family
4. An adult summer memory Neshoba County Fair, Hurricane watches and warnings, children out of school, wearing flip-flops, being with LLS and LSiL, sailing with Mr. C., watching LD at swim meets, eating outside, reading novels for no purpose other than pleasure
5. Describe a wonderful summer day you'd like to have in the near future. (weather, location, activities) cool enough to be outside, bug-free picnic to somewhere with great picnic food...cold fried chicken, potato salad, coleslaw (without any sugar), my father's NC barbecue, lemon ice box pie, sweet tea or, just a burger on the grill outside
Optional: Does your place of worship do anything differently in the summer? (Fewer services, casual dress, etc.) I wear sandals and light weight clothing under my summer alb. I encourage those who want to dress casually to do so and encourage those who wish to dress up to do that, too. I'd like us to be accessible to whoever visits. I crank down the A/C when no one is looking, too.
Thanks to Reverendmother for this. See more at email@example.com