Saturday, January 15, 2005

Junking

I keep forgetting to mention to you that the junking is way off these days. Right before Christmas, then right after, the yard sales, estate sales and junk picking can be down. People don't feel like doing much else until they try to put away their gifts and decorations and realize they've run out of storage room. I expect things to pick up soon.
I thought we'd have some estate sales around Christmas when family members gather to discuss what to do with Maw-Maw's household stuff but that didn't happen. The sales at the end of the month when people are hoping to get rent money depress me.
I'm missing adding to my junk but all the while I am filling box after box with stuff for the Salvation Army and Goodwill. I'm giving it away. Not selling it but giving it away. I think someone else may need clothing and house hold items. I started this several weeks ago and haven't stopped. Every closet, every drawer, every cabinet is opening to heave out stuff I want to give away.
It feels odd to give so much away. I've needed some things I've given away but I just made do with something else or did without. So what? I can do this. I don't care if I like the feeling or not, it's the disciplined thing to do for me. Don't know about you. You figure it out for yourself but for me, giving this stuff away at this time is what I need to do.
Y'all take care now, hear?

No comments: