Here is the initial list of Waste of Time Sermon Topics. Preach on these as you feel led, but congregants won't believe you:
1. If you make Advent and Christmas a celebration of God's promises throughout history and the birth of Jesus rather than a gift-buying, house-decorating, party-giving, exhausting travel time or whatever you do to distract yourself from God's Gracious Acts in History, you will get more out of the season.
2. Human sexuality isn't bad, it's how we use our sexuality that gets us into trouble.
3. You don't choose God, God chooses you.
4. Being a Christian doesn't make you better than other people.
5. God loves you beyond your imagination's ability to understand.
6. You might have an easier time of it if you don't try to follow Christ. It's difficult to be a disciple.
7. All you are and all you have is God's gift to you.
8. What you do with your money impacts your spiritual life.
9. The Bible discusses greed more than it does sexuality.
10. Gluttony, of any kind, isn't good for you.
11. Preachers have feelings, aren't perfect and most of us work long hours.
That's enough for now. No one really really believes these topics to be true. By the way, if you preach on over-eating, over-spending, over-consuming as a damage to your relationship with God, no one will want to hear it.