Saturday, October 01, 2005


I began to see bent over trees, broken off about a third of the way down, miles before I reached home. Then, advertising signs blown off, telephone poles tilted and further along blue tarps on roofs. I thought the ocean blue color of the tarps was pretty until I saw too many covering pitiful houses by the time I arrived home.

Our trees are gone. Our neighborhood, the pine grove, now looks like the ground was scraped clean of all vegetation and new homes built. Except that homes are piles of debris, or tilted, or turned around or God knows what.

Here are the pictures of LH's office. He drove me around to see the damage to our part of the world about 2 hours after I arrived home. He said I needed to see the damage and not wait any longer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard, but no doubt true. You have been and continue to be in my thoughts and prayers each day.

Theresa Coleman said...

And more prayers.
(o)

Cathy said...

Oh my, thank you for sharing, even though it is difficult. I reiterate the others by saying, prayers for you and all in the hurricane stricken part of the south.
Cathy